This year I am having pretty significant camping withdrawals. When I was younger, I used to go camping every year in my favorite California redwoods. Now that I’m older and have transportation and friends who like camping, you’d think it would be easier to take a trip to the great outdoors. But it’s actually quite the opposite! One of my biggest goals this year is to go camping, even if it’s a short trip. I just want trees and a fire and a tent and a small body of water. It’s gonna happen. :)
In honor of my favorite summer tradition, I thought I would round up some camping DIY projects I want to try asap:
(top left, counter clockwise)
1. DIY Homemade Hammock | Pop Sugar
2. Tasseled Roasting Sticks | Twine & Table
3. DIY Canvas Tent | The Merry Thought
4. DIY Flannel Napkins | Hey Wanderer
5. DIY Thermos Lamp | House of Hawthornes
6. DIY Mini Picnic Tables | Lovely Indeed
7. DIY Modern and Very Cool Cooler | Almost Makes Perfect
8. DIY Camp Mug Candle | Popptalk
9. DIY Sleeping Pad | The Merry Thought
10. DIY Pinecone Fire Starter Favors | Something Turquoise
Aren’t these amazing? I love the hammock but I don’t think I’m savvy enough with a sewing machine to make it happen. Maybe I’ll go for the modern cooler.
Do you have any plans to go camping or participate in camping DIY projects this summer? If anyone has Oregon coast camping recommendations, let me know!